Sunday, July 17, 2011

"Pit Stop" in Waco

The Pitmans came to visit us in Waco last weekend!  I've been meaning to get this post up all week, but it was just one of those weeks...  So, last Friday after work Joey had a social event with the firm he is interning with in Houston, and then the Pitmans picked him up, and they all headed to Waco.  They got in pretty late, but it was so wonderful to have a house full of people I love.  I had been looking forward to it for days.  Emily is allergic to dogs, and even though she took allergy medicine before she came, Harley got brushed every day the week leading up to them coming, I bathed her by myself (although I'm not sure who won... we both ended up soaked!  I think if I had recorded it we could have been on America's Funniest Home Videos), and I vacuumed the house twice.  Em gets asthma with her allergies, so she had to puff her inhaler a few times, but she was such a trooper!  By the end of the weekend I think she and Harley were almost friends. :)


Har and Brit were definitely buddies!

We stayed up pretty late just sitting around talking on Friday night.  Joey had lots to fill us in on after his first week of work in Houston, and we haven't spent much time with the Pitmans in way too long.  Saturday, we slept in a little bit, had breakfast, and then the girls went shopping while the boys played frisbee golf.  We all met back at home to have lunch and freshen up.  


Then, after much deliberation and even a little heated debating (big surprise around the Hance's, right?) on where to go for dinner, we decided to go out to the Lake Waco Marina for drinks and then to Chuy's for dinner.  It was great! 




Our friendship with the Pitmans is a lot of fun.  Emily and I are definitely women who know what we want and and how we want it, and our men are pretty great to us.  We certainly had our share of lively discussion and laughter.  Em and Joey ended up siding together a few times on topics and when Emily decided to get strangers at the restaurant involved, Brit and I were not exactly surprised, but were too committed to pretend we didn't know her.  We didn't want her surveying any other strangers coming into the restaurant, so we decided to just agree to disagree... but of course we were right.  We cherish our friendship with Emily and Brittan and love the way they make any situation a fun one.  

After dinner we came home for some Wii competition playing Mario Cart and Just Dance.  You know that was fun and of course filled with a little friendly competition.  Sunday, we went to church and out to lunch before the Pitmans headed back to Houston.  It was a wonderful weekend with awesome friends.  We can't wait for our next "Pit Stop" with the Pitmans! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...