The official move with movers was at the end of the month over Memorial Day weekend. The day the movers were scheduled to load up our house in Waco I had a huge meeting for work with the president of Baylor that I had state people coming in town for, so I was out of pocket most of the day. JW was awesome though, and totally owned it! We stayed up until 2 a.m. the night before until the last box was packed. Whew!
I came home to bring JW lunch and the truck was already 3/4th of the way full. Pretty amazing.
Do you see how big that truck is? It was the largest one they have without being an 18-wheeler, and by the end it was totally full. I am so thankful that we were able to hire movers.
It was a big day! When I got home from work the house was empty. We finished loading up my car with our personal things and the dogs, and then hit the road- Houston bound!
The dogs spent the day at Quail Creek to avoid us having to keep up with them while the movers were in and out loading. They enjoyed running around and wrestling in our empty house when they got home.
We spent the night in Sugar Land and then got to our new house on Friday morning to meet the movers. They spent most of the day unloading. It was fun to see our new house fill up with our things.
So, towards the end of the day we hear a loud commotion outside and the movers laughing. I go out there to find JW trying to capture a bat in a plastic bottle. So random. The movers were all freaked out that JW was going to get bitten and get rabies. It was pretty funny.
Poor little bat. I'm not sure where they ended up releasing him, but we have since learned that our neighborhood has bats, and we like them because they eat mosquitoes.
JW and me at the end of moving day in front of our new house
Everything was moved in a little bit after lunch time, so we had a chance to unpack a few things and get our bed made so we could spend our first night in the new house. My mom even brought over baked potato soup in the crockpot, so we were able to have dinner at home.
Toasting this new chapter with champagne in mugs. Glasses weren't unpacked yet, but you know my tea mugs were one of the first things unpacked. :)
The dogs love their new house and backyard, but were pretty pooped too after a full day of moving.

Loved seeing pics and hearing more about your move. Can't wait to get a date on the calendar to come visit! And I especially love the drinks in tea mugs. How fitting. :-)
ReplyDelete