Saturday, January 28, 2012

One Month with Dakota

We picked Dakota up and brought her home with us on December 28th, so today marks one month that she has been a part of our family.  We are very thankful for the fun and joy she has brought to our lives.  Here's a glance at some of the pictures we have snapped over the last month.  (Remember you can click on photos to view them larger.)

 The day we picked her up

  In the car on the way home... that was a long car ride. :)  Harley ended up in the front seat and I rode in the back with Dakota. 

Day 2 at home playing in the backyard and they are already buddies!

JW & Dakota
They look like they're having this sweet intimate moment, but I am pretty sure this was just a lucky shot.  She doesn't lay still very much.

Dakota with her new Christmas toy.  She carried this toy around with her everywhere for the first week or so.  It was pretty cute.


Look closely- she has her own tail in her mouth.  
It was a beautiful day, and I was sitting outside reading and watching Dakota.  We have a pretty big hill in our backyard and she was up at the top of it.  She started flopping around and I realized she was trying to bite her own tail.  She got it, but ended up rolling down the hill in the process.  She held her tail in her mouth the whole way down.  It was hilarious!



See Dakota with Harley's tail in her mouth?
This little puppy has a mischievous streak sometimes.  Dakota acts like she doesn't care Harley is twice her size and tries to be the boss.  Harley can take her now, but it may get interesting when they're the same size.
 
See... mischievous!

 She's got that look - "I know you told me not to do this, but look how cute I am!"

Picking her up to hold her while I still can.

Joey and his girl

This is Harley's spot under our bed, and sometimes Dakota scooches under there to join her.

Play hard, sleep hard

Muddy mess
I was out of town, and Joey was inside studying.  The dogs were outside playing, but JW didn't realize our neighbors had their sprinkler on and it had created a pretty large puddle in the corner of our backyard.  He had no idea how much fun they were really having until the dogs scratched at the door, and he opened it to find this.  What a mess, but they clearly had a good time!

I'm a mess, but aren't I cute?

Our first month with Dakota has been a blast.  JW had his PC 3 final exam today, so he is officially done with PC!  Woo hoo!  He has a paper due and one more final next week, and then he will start his last quarter ever of Baylor Law School.  Crazy... graduation will be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...